Sunday, May 9, 2010

This is Yuan at 38 weeks. My wife gets more beautiful every day...just look at that smile!

Today we celebrated our first Mother's Day. For starters, Yuan, Evan and I had brunch with Grandpa Weigel and "Granny Nanny" Weigel at the Cypress Hotel in Cupertino. Yuan had fresh fruit, eggs and pacakes. Evan had tiramisu, chocolate cookies, and a brownie! After brunch Evan and Mom had a well deserved nap, before watching Montreal beat Chicago in hockey (Evan's favorite sport...)

This evening we celebrated mother's day with Uncle Ramani, and Aunt Margaret. We dined on shanghai style cuisine at HC dumpling before coming back to check out Evan's room, crib, and cute wardrobe. This kid has tons and tons of clothes! It was really nice to spend time with Ramani and Margaret!

Afterward, Yuan and I decided to take some pictures...Evan will be here soon and so much of this will only be a fond memory, so we wanted to have a few keepsakes! Over the past few weeks, Yuan's belly (uh...Evan) has grown so much! Yuan has taken all this on so well, she never complains although I can tell that things that used to seem easy (tying shoes, climbing stairs) are becomeing a challenge. Footrubs and backrubs help, so I try to do my part by providing them frequently!

I can't think of a better partner to go thru life with, and to share pregnancey and childbirth. We have enjoyed classes, food cravings, and shopping for all the kids accessories together. It's all leading up to such anticipation, and I frankly can't wait to meet this little guy! He has been entertaining us daily with acrobatics in Yuan's belly, so I figure he has lots of energy and enjoys being a ham ;)